Monday, November 30, 2009

Little ears are listening!!


T his is the story of a little girl, Kiran. Wishes for a ray of hope each day! She is her only friend, and not to forget another one, her own shadow. Why? Put your ears to your soul and listen hard…as she tells ….





“This is the worst day of my life”,
I say to myself, million times every day. There is no one who will listen, but the walls of my room.






I run, slamming the door of my room, shutting away my parents shouts. I want no one, just my soul, and no noise of the chaotic world. The chaos still rings in my ears, how can I blame the outside world? For my own world, my parents, is shattered.




I say, “Leave me alone”. I yell for you to stop.
Whenever I try, how much ever I try, nothing seems right. For in my head nightmares don’t cease to crop.
I inhale sorrows and troubles,
Bottle up my feelings.
Exhaling nothing,
What can a jagged heart give out?
Stale, blasting shouts of music that
Reaches the road downstairs, who cares?




You continue.
I love you, do you love me too?
No, for you it’s…
As if, the blasting music is falling on deaf ears.
Why can’t the walls just eat up your noise?
They are slowly eating into my soul.





Yes, he is my only friend.
When I am scared at night, I hug him tight.
Making no noise, he listens to me.
His kind eyes are my only comfort, TEMPORARILY.
My fears still jump on me, into my covers, burying as deeply as they can into my pillow.






I run, run out from school, fleeing to my favorite place.
Here, no noise can find me, finally alone, out of the mess.




You must be searching for me, I know, you
Are fretting.
I will be back, after I know you are regretting. But not the same.
Now I am used to worlds, torn apart in between.




When I come back, you hug me.
But where are those warm days of glee?
When on the beach you played with me?
I desire after today for them to be back.
Perhaps my little attempt to make you realize has worked.





Maybe, tomorrow is just another day of gloom, where I will have to face this world of hate.
Till today I wait for that day. A ray of hope that my family will be one, one day!






This was not just Kiran’s story. It is the blasting music of every heart in pain that parents don’t pay heed to.
Remember little ears are listening when you fight.



PRESENTED BY: DEVANGINI KULKARNI 11009

No comments:

Post a Comment